Slider

  •  photo 08_zps0a5bff4f.jpg"/>" />
  •  photo 9_zps0bb0675a.jpg"/>" />
  •  photo 8_zps3755b6e0.jpg" />
  •  photo 11_zpsf78d5029.jpg />

Friday, May 17, 2013

All we need is time

I would be a fool to believe that it is possible to grow your dreams without first giving them your full attention, a big chunk of your heart and a lot of time!  For me, my most compelling dream is to be a full time photographer, to own my own business and be my own boss. 

Growing up with two entrepreneurs as parents, the notion of being my own boss was instilled in me at a young age. My family was able to do life so differently because of the freedom that owning their own business offered them. We spent most Mondays at the harbor, we took random weekend vacations, we made our own hours and they always put our family first. Money was what got us by but at the end of the day being together as a family was all that mattered. They worked hard to provide for me but never let their work get in the way of what was most important to them. I loved their philosophy of life and the spontaneity of it all. 

As I've grown older, I've never been able to get those images and memories out of my mind. I know, without a doubt, I want to be able to give my children that same attention. I want them to embrace freedom during their younger years, because really that's the only time in your life that you get to experience true freedom without the worry and stress that responsibility can and undoubtedly WILL bring into your life. When I came across photography, it just seemed like the perfect match. It's something that I've always had a passion for and the passion is growing within me exponentially with every additional shoot I do. I love people, I love pictures and I long to be self-employed. Man that all sounds so great.. but wait there's one thing missing.. oh yeah TIME. 

Becoming good at anything takes time.. All the passion in the world won't magically turn into talent, knowledge, practice, experience or resources. Just like any good thing, you must INVEST in your passions, attend to them, nurture them and give them the attention they need to become more than just a passion or a dream but rather a reality. 

When I finished my last final on Wednesday I was so overcome with relief! I can't wait to have a break so that I can start investing in my passion again! So here's to a summer full of free time! Time to learn, develop, practice, experience and take some very tangible steps towards making my dream a reality! I am so ready to learn and use my time as wisely as possible! I can't wait to see what is to come.